The Township Clerk’s office is here to assist you by:
- Registering voters, maintaining voter files, processing absentee ballot requests, hiring and training election workers, staffing polling places and conducting federal, state and local elections.
- Maintaining a full record of all Township Board meeting proceedings, including meeting agendas, board meeting packets, minutes of the meetings, resolutions, policies, procedures, contracts and ordinances.
- Archiving all official township records and documents.
- Adhering to the Open Meetings Act, including scheduling public hearings, special meetings, posting of public notices and publishing appropriate notices in newspapers.
- Maintaining the general ledger.
- Administering the Wacousta Cemetery including lot sales, record keeping and scheduling burials.
- Responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests as the designated FOIA Coordinator.
- Providing Notary Public services at no cost to township residents.